Get to know some of the great leaders in the sales industry today that spoke during the 2017 InsideSales’ Executive Summit! Read on to find out more.
In this article:
- What Was the Accelerate ’17 Executive Summit?
- What Is a Sales Leader and What Qualities Make for A Good Sales Leader?
- Unraveling The Sales Technology Stack
- Next Era Selling: Selling Sales for Global Growth
- How to Find and Join the Right Board
- Creating Differentiation in Your Industry to Become the Leader
Meet the Top Sales Leaders At InsideSales’ Accelerate ’17 Executive Summit
What Was the Accelerate ’17 Executive Summit?
Every year, we like to huddle with the smartest CROs on the planet. Mainly to know what works now and how they plan to stay ahead of the competition in the future.
With that said, 2017 was no exception. I’m excited to report that we had five world-class speakers in our lineup at the InsideSales.com Accelerate ’17 Executive Summit.
Get to know some of the sales leaders from different companies that had been invited to the summit. Before that, let’s first briefly define what a sales leader is and what qualities make a good sales leader.
What Is a Sales Leader and What Qualities Make for A Good Sales Leader?
Sales Leader Definition: A sales leader is an industry authority not only for their practical selling skills but also because of their exceptional influence over the world of sales and other sales professionals.
To make a great sales leader requires more than just generating revenue or a smart sales strategy. There are many skills that a sales team leader must have, some of them are listed below:
- They must have a visionary outlook.
- Making connections and learning from people is always an open possibility.
- Risk-taking and open-mindedness are also a part of their skillset.
All great leaders have their own leadership style, but there’s a standard set of skills that ties them together. All the speakers we chose for InsideSales’ Accelerate ’17 Executive Summit possess these qualities of a sales leader.
The Executive Summit was an excellent chance for sales reps, sales managers, and more to receive some form of coaching from these industry leaders.
Anyone in a senior sales leadership position can benefit from attending events such as this, and can learn and network with various sales legends. Sales legends like the following, who attended the InsideSales’ Accelerate ’17 Executive Summit:
1. Dan Page, VP of Sales Automation, ADP
Dan shared the ADP Sales Playbook that has helped them to achieve market dominance in the HR and payroll space.
ADP maintains a large inside sales team, and automation has been a key part of their amazing success.
Dan shared how big companies scientifically accelerate their sales in his presentation.
2. Tiffani Bova, Global Customer Growth and Innovation Evangelist, Salesforce
Tiffani is a leading thinker in the areas of sales transformation and business model innovation. With that in mind, she shone a light on what’s next in sales in a presentation titled “Sales 2020: Shape the Future.”
Aside from speaking at summits, she travels the world meeting with sales leaders from some of the largest and most successful sales organizations. In her travels, she aims to uncover insights and best practices.
As a sales futurist, she focuses on new innovations in technology and selling that you can expect to see in the next few years.
3. Yusuf Tayob, Senior Managing Director, Accenture
Yusuf helps Accenture’s clients to achieve successful sales transformations. On that note, he addressed how you can manage change effectively in his presentation, “The Adoption Crisis: The Four Processes That Are Holding Companies Back.”
Large, global sales organizations rely on Yusuf’s expertise. With that in mind, he shared the best of what he has learned with CROs and senior sales leaders at the Accelerate ’17 Executive Summit.
RELATED: Top 25 Sales Leaders Award Winners
4. Ruben Sigala, EVP and CMO, Caesars Entertainment
You might expect a gaming company to use sophisticated analytics to surprise and delight its high-value VIP customers. If this is what you thought, then you’d be right.
Ruben and his team leverage data for many reasons. Mainly to drive sales and marketing efficiencies for one of the nation’s most recognizable entertainment brands.
At the 2017 executive summit at the Snowbird Ski Resort, he discussed the impact of AI on sales.
5. Kelly Kay, Managing Partner of the Global Software Practice, Heidrick & Struggles
Kelly has made a name for himself in the executive recruiting space. He is well known throughout the sales industry because he has matched many of the nation’s top CROs with game-changing companies.
As a speaker, he revealed how CROs can build high-performing teams. This discussion helped them not only keep their jobs but thrive in a fiercely competitive landscape.
Attendees learned best practices and networked with these high-profile speakers, as well as hundreds of other successful CROs and sales executives, at the Accelerate ’17 Executive Summit. The event took place Feb. 13-16 at the iconic Snowbird Ski Resort, nestled in Utah’s majestic Silicon Slopes.
Of course, they aren’t the only keynote speakers we had that day. Aside from the speakers listed above, we also had other esteemed guests on the list for the summit.
They covered a variety of other topics such as:
Unraveling The Sales Technology Stack
- Deron Frye, Senior Vice President of Sales from PGi
- Don Cash, Vice President of Global Inside Sales from BMC
- Jeff Skousen, Vice President of Corporate Sales from Domo
Next Era Selling: Selling Sales for Global Growth
- Aneke Seley, Founder, and CEO of Reality Works Group
- Hilarie Koplow-McAdams, President of New Relic
How to Find and Join the Right Board
- Arjun Gupta, Chief Believer, Founder, and Managing Partner of Telesoft Partners
- Dave Barrett, Managing Partner from Polaris
- Lars Leckie, Managing Director from Hummer Winblad
Creating Differentiation in Your Industry to Become the Leader
This segment will be presented and discussed by Kent Perkocha, Chief Customer Officer from Apttus.
All of these topics and sales advice were discussed during Accelerate ’17 by some of the best sales leaders active in different industries. It was a great opportunity to bring together sales professionals from various backgrounds and specializations to learn from and network with each other.
Which of the sales leaders or topics are you most interested in from the event? Let us know by leaving a comment down below!
- InsideSales.com To Host Online Sales Development Summit
- Amanda Holmes Teaches Time Management Secrets Of Billionaires
- Lead Response Infographic – How Many Touches To Make A Sale
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on January 2017, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.