Category: Inside Sales Best Practices
How Do You Quantify A Lead To Expand Your Sales Pipeline And Increase Sales Velocity | Stretching The Sales Funnel
Speed up and expand your sales funnel by learning how to quantify your leads. In this article: The...Read More
We’ve all heard of the “Curse of the Slow No,” or the “Slow No Death Spiral”—sales reps wasting time pursuing prospects that they ultimately never had a chance of closing.
Anyone who’s spent any time in sales has likely had a phone call that went something like this: “Oh, well, it looks like the CFO already sent a check to Vendor X, so, um . . . sorry?”
The problem inexperienced reps often have is that they got dumped long before the so-called “final decision”—they just didn’t recognize it.
Which got me thinking, “What is the real definition of a qualified prospect?”
A traditional definition might resemble something like, “A qualified prospect is someone who meets the minimum criteria for buying a product or service, and has expressed a minimum level of interest to do so.” Hardly earth-shattering, right?
But try this trick and see what happens: add the words “from us” to the end of the definition—”A qualified prospect is someone who meets the minimum criteria for buying a product or service, and has expressed a minimum level of interest to buy from us.”
The idea is that on the surface, a potential buyer may meet all of the boiler-plate . . . .Read More
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode: – State of Sales Research Report In This...Read More
Rushing to meet sales quotas at the end of the month or at the end of the quarter is common...Read More
New Research Updates
- No More Sci-Fi Talk: 5 Things AI Can Do For Your Business Right Now
- Is CRM Dead?
- What Is Artificial Intelligence and How Can You Start Using It to Be Successful
- Essential Tools and Tips for Time Management in Sales
- Sales Development Statistics for 2017 – Infographic
- 10 Secrets of Successful Business Development Leaders
- 3 Keys to Unlock the Potential of Sales Structure for Enterprises
- 9 Essential B2B Marketing Trends That Will Pick Up Steam In 2018