These motivational sales quotes are what you need to achieve sales success, conquer the tough times, face rejection, and fill your life with inspiration. Read on to find out more.
In this article:
- Some Wise Words to Live By
- Great Sales Quotes When You Want to Achieve Goals
- Sales Motivation Quotes to Push You to Sell Well
- Motivational Sales Quotes When You’re Feeling the Burnout
- Sales Quotes for Those Facing Challenges and Rejection
- Motivational Quotes for Sales Team
- Inspirational Sales Quotes to Make You Laugh or Smile
45 Motivational Sales Quotes That Will Help You Succeed in Life and Business
Some Wise Words to Live By
When it comes to motivational sales quotes, Zig Ziglar is the bomb diggity and a bag of chips.
He’s not the only voice worth listening to, though. The business world boasts a long line of leaders and big shots who know a thing or two about sales motivation.
Below are my favorite quotes for inspiration. Sales reps (or anyone who needs a boost) can choose to read this on a daily basis.
I hope they push you to develop hard work, maintain a positive attitude, build a reputation you can be proud of, and reach your goals. These quotes can certainly motivate an average man or woman to aspire for bigger, better things.
Great Sales Quotes When You Want to Achieve Goals
Sales goals are like the navigation tools of a ship. You and your sales team need them to steer the business toward success.
They can help you make tough selling decisions. They can even make you more efficient because you don’t waste time on unproductive activities.
The question is, what does it take to reach them? The answer is planning.
If you feel overwhelmed by the idea, consider these motivational sales quotes:
1. “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” — Zig Ziglar
2. “We must focus on purposes instead of just setting goals, for long-term vision is what keeps us from being frustrated by short-term failure.” — Dan Clark
3. “The world has the habit of making room for the man whose words and actions show that he knows where he is going.” — Napoleon Hill
Sales Motivation Quotes to Push You to Sell Well
How do you sell a product or a service? Inside Sales shares some of the best pieces of advice when it comes to prospecting right and building a successful enterprise.
A dose of inspiration, though, doesn’t hurt. May these motivational sales quotes tell you how to be truly successful in the business.
These include having the proper mindset and creating relationships with the right customers.
4. “I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard.” — Estée Lauder
5. “You have to drop your sales mentality and start working with your prospects as if they’ve already hired you.” — Jill Konrath
6. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” — Richard Branson
7. “Your job is to meet the right people and read the right books.” — Jeffrey Gitomer
8. “Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.” — Stephen Covey
9. “Any job that’s not in sales – any job where I can’t help create value and make a difference for a client — would be a nightmare job for me.” — Anthony Iannarino
Motivational Sales Quotes When You’re Feeling the Burnout
Are you committing more mistakes and making excuses for them? Do you feel the things you do no longer make absolute sense?
It could be you can already feel the burnout. Selling is stressful — that’s the truth.
The good news is you have many ways to relax and rejuvenate. If you’re slowly losing your passion, though, read these motivational sales quotes:
10. “Ask that extra question. It’s that one little extra question that makes the difference.” — Steve Richard
11. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” — Oprah Winfrey
12. “One way to remember who you are is to remember who your heroes are.” — Steve Jobs
13. “The first part of success is ‘Get-to-it-iveness’; the second part of success is ‘Stick-to-it-iveness’.” — Orison Marden
14. “Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities because it is the quality that guarantees all the others.” — Winston Churchill
15. “A mediocre person tells. A good person explains. A superior person demonstrates. A great person inspires others to see for themselves.” — Harvey Mackay
16. “Our fatigue is often caused not by work, but by worry, frustration and resentment.” — Dale Carnegie
17. “Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil.” — J. Paul Getty
Sales Quotes for Those Facing Challenges and Rejection
Rejection is hard, but it should not stop you from doing what you love and need to do. Always remember though that tough times don’t last — tough people do.
A sales team struggling to make quota may receive the encouragement they need from these motivational sales quotes:
18. “I always tried to turn every disaster into an opportunity.” — John D. Rockefeller
19. “Managing objections head-on is dead on.” – Kraig Kleeman
20. “Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self-interest.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
21. “The only thing that’s keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself.” — Tony Robbins
22. “Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.” – Ralph Blum
23. “Let’s change the way we look at what happens to us.” — Art Sobczak
24. “Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. It is courage that counts.” — Winston Churchill
25. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” — Thomas Edison
26. “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” — Thomas Paine
27. “Fall down seven times and stand up eight.” — Proverb
28. “I got lucky because I never gave up the search. Are you quitting too soon? Or are you willing to pursue luck with a vengeance?” — Jill Konrath
29. “It ain’t over ’til it’s over.” — Yogi Berra
30. “Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.” — Vince Lombardi
31. “Trying is winning in the moment.” — Dan Waldschmidt
32. “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” — Og Mandino
33. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” — Lucille Ball
Motivational Quotes for Sales Teams
Rejection can be hard to accept, especially if it affects the entire team. Sometimes, one salesperson’s mistake becomes amplified, causing conflicts among team members.
Blaming each other or trying to overpower team members can affect the relationship you’ve built and nurtured as a team.
If you want your team to succeed in sales, this should not be the case.
Closing the deal to reach your sales goal doesn’t have to be the burden of just one person. With a unified team, you can work together to go even beyond what is expected of you.
That’s the only way you can achieve even more than the goals you’ve set for the entire team. Here are some sales inspiration quotes to inspire teamwork:
34. “Great things are done by a series of small things done together.” — Vincent van Gogh
35. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” — Andrew Carnegie
36. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” — Henry Ford
37. “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” — James Cash Penney
38. “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.” — Henry Ford
39. “Remember, teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” — Patrick Lencioni
40. “Unity is strength… when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” — Mattie Stepanek
41. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” — Phil Jackson
Inspirational Sales Quotes to Make You Laugh or Smile
When you feel stressed and burned out, laughing can help ease tension from your body. Laughing is great for times when you’re not at best as well as for totally normal days.
Here are some funny sales quotes you can use to pump up your team’s mood while still find inspiration to work hard:
42. “[Sales and marketing] have to start talking to each other. They’ve got to stop spilling each other’s beers.” — Ann Handley
43. “If I tell you I want to be a door-to-door salesman, don’t knock it.” — Jarod Kintz
44. “If we are smart, we make a lot of mistakes.” — Raman Frey
45. “‘Hey, here’s a gourd!’ is not so different as, ‘Hey, here’s enterprise sales software!’ The language changes, but the humans are the same.” — Chris Penn
These motivational sales quotes may be geared toward sales professionals, but they are also applicable to anyone.
After all, everybody faces problems, stress, and burnout. People like to create goals and succeed.
Read these quotes as often as you can. Most of all, understand their meaning and live them out.
What are your well-loved motivational sales quotes? Share your list below!
- How to Hack Your Team’s Sales Motivation (or How to Motivate Your Sales Team)
- How to Keep Your Sales Team Motivated During The Holidays
- What Is Artificial Intelligence and How Can You Start Using It to Be Successful
Editor’s Note: This article was originally published on April 12, 2013, and has been updated for quality and relevancy.